Personal Changes

Sam Phillips sam at dasbistro.com
Sat Sep 23 02:59:14 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 12:16 -0700, Brian Rice wrote:
> Burning Man was great; my head feels pleasantly rewired.

Burning Man has a way of doing that to people.

> However, I think I've come to realize that I'm not going to be
> happy writing tools for developers, the same developer
> community that keeps the status quo. It's irrational, but
> seemingly true.

Keeping the energy to work on open source projects all the time
is hard.  You should be proud of the how much was accomplished,
and the effort that you and everyone who has contributed put into
it.  It's definitely best that if the project stops being fun that
you probably should let it go to someone else.

> I've already started a project to start a business. Unlike previous
> ones, this one won't have to be such a damn secret. I'll inform when
> it's ready to talk about.

Good luck.  And have fun.

--
Sam Phillips