types and operators

Eric W. Biederman eric@flinx.home
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 08:56:24 -0500

   On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
   Re: writing about how to do GC, don't worry about it too much... Somebody
   must have written some introductory texts, I just haven't found them yet.
   I keep running into advanced discussions of various ways to do it,
   written in jargon. (You know, so-and-so's paper presented to the ACM on
   how to do real-time GC using some special case of a rare GC algorithm no
   one uses... That sort of thing.)

Sorry I meant to point this towards you earlier but couldn't find my
reference.  The best introductory texts I know of are in:

Memory Management, International Workshop IWMM 92 Proceedings
St. Malo, France, September 1992
Editors: Y.Bekkers, J. Cohen
Published By: Spriner-Verlag  -- Lecture Notes in Computer Science 637

The first two articles are introductory and very good, but they don't get
into implementation details.  But as with all scholarly works it also has a
good bibliography.  If you can find it I recommend it.

Eric