retro: weird text mode, exportation to Forth

Paul Dufresne dufrp@oricom.ca
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:52:29 -0400

First before someone go search to far to find why the strange
textmode, I'd like to add that the problem only come if you do
something in grmode. I means if you do grmode then do textmode,
the text looks fine, but if you do grmode, then clrscr or
colorbars and then textmode, then you'll see that all letters
have a small horizontal miss in the middle and a lot of letters have
some white dots on the rightmost column that should not be there.
I have a Cirrus Logic GD542x video card, should be plain VGA compatible.

Second, what's the trick to export stuff to the Forth? I mean in
the past you would have put a global <name of procedure> and end
it with e<name of procedure>. But now there is no global stuff anymore.
The only thing is that exported to Forth stuff have uppercase name and
still finish by e<name of procedure>. Is it just the e<name of
procedure> that does the trick or is it the uppercase too?

So I guess I should do something similar with serial.asm and
rename it serial.inc and add serial.inc at the end of pmode.inc.
Is it so?

Paul