Specs for a prototype

Tril dem@tunes.org
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:29:14 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Tom Novelli wrote:

> Well, Tril said he'd delete this list if nobody uses it, so I'm using it..

Ok... it would be nice if everyone started using this list for specs (like
arrow system specs).  Well, if they don't, that's fine too.

> I've written enough low-level code to start trying out some ideas proposed
> for Tunes. It's time to come up with some concrete specs. My current
> prototype is focused on Orthogonal Persistence, but before I can do that, I
> need specs for the object format and object interactions. I'm still working
> on it; any specs would be greatly appreciated.

I have started working on a spec for the persistent store since you are
willing to work on it!  I should have a draft by Monday.  I think I'll
write up how the persistent store should work in the finished system, then
we can decide what an initial version will look like.

> I'm looking at some "old Tunes" stuff, like GOOSE, and also Brian's "arrow
> system", which seems pretty similar to my idea.

Don't worry too much about the old tunes stuff right now.  We hope to
update it all soon.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>
This message is placed in the public domain.