I'm new...

Giovanni MenoZero Pensa pensa@dsi.unimi.it
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 18:11:23 +0100 (MET)

Well, I'm new (in this list), and I know nobody loves messages
starting with "I'm new".

I'm a "sub" to Tunes because... I don't know...
I "met" Fare' when he was mailing about booting a PC,
in comp.lang.asm.x86. Then I downloaded the MOOSE stuff.
There were nice things and a *lot* of ideas. But just ideas.

I wanted (and I still want, BTW) write a simple OS.
Now I'm working on a language (called il) and (shorter prj) on
an editor, called ilEd. Both with CWEB/C++. On a 286 (!) and
HP Un*x w/ X-Windows.
(If you're interested, ilEd will be VERY programmable (emacs-style?),
both text-mode and graphical, multilingual and will support Unicode...
I'm still drawing the font...)

My question is simple...
I don't know how much you're seriuos about MOOSE-TUNES-[...].
I don't know you, and I don't understand if you know each other.
I don't know if you want to write an OS like Linux (no flames)
or Minix or Xinu or something more or something less.
(I think that you want THE Operating System. But T.H.E. is old... :)

I don't even understand if I can do something...
Sometimes it's like to listen to people who are talking to each other...

g.

  I was born in a small place.  Maybe you know it.  It's called Earth.
 Giovanni MenoZero Pensa  <pensa@dsi.unimi.it>   iTeXnici IN BiblioTeXa
<A HREF="http://www.dsi.unimi.it/Users/Students/pensa/home.html">URL</A>