Top 3 list

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@clipper
Tue, 6 Dec 94 20:20:40 MET

> It just keeps on shrinking...It looks like Joy.  Unless there's anyone
> against it...

  I don't agree with "Joy" (sorry, Johan), 'cause people wouldn't understand.
There's a lot of context needed before Joy becomes a positive and
constructive concept (which I acknowledge it can quite be).
Used in some usual context, Joy would become stupid (rejoice without
reason) or false (rejoice against reason), or totalitarian (people
ordered to rejoice); joy is a personal feeling; I appreciate it,
but truely, you can't decree it. It's up to us to produce it in our
users' hearts; but we shouldn't boast about it before or even possibly
after we manage (or not) to do it.

  Perhaps Joy could be our project's secret name [I like it somehow],
but surely not the official name...

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
MOOSE project member. OSL developper.                     |   |   /
Dreams about The Universal (Distributed) Database.       --- --- //
Snail mail: 6, rue Augustin Thierry 75019 PARIS FRANCE   /|\ /|\ //
Phone: 033 1 42026735                                    /|\ /|\ /