me, again

Jecel Mattos de Assumpcao Jr. jecel@lsi.usp.br
Thu, 1 Dec 94 01:24:14 EDT

This is just a short note to tell you all that I
am still around here. Unfortunately, the university
switched its communications settings from 7E1 to 8N1
right after this group started, which made my system
even more sensitive to line noise than it already was.

So I have been able to read what you have written so
far with a great effort, but it is not practical for
me to respond ( kermit seems to "hang" more often when
sending than receiving ). I have ordered a new modem
which should fix things ( in a week or so, I hope ).

I like the recursive charter and I agree with the goals,
but have decided to continue Merlin as an independent
project for now. I think that the best thing is for me
to get something running as soon as possible so you can
evaluate it. I will make it fully available to anyone
who wants it, so you might consider using it as a "kernel"
for TUNES ( or using just parts or even some ideas and
merging them with Mike's Forth-like system ). How does
that sound?

Speaking of sound, I didn't find TUNES very catchy either...
but I don't pronounce it with a French accent ;-)
"Q" has been given a bad name in Star Trek the Next Generation.

This is too long already, so see you next week ( I hope ) !
--- Jecel