moosetunespiosjoy: clarification needed

Mike Prince mprince@crl.com
Thu, 1 Dec 1994 03:49:00 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 1 Dec 1994, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> Hi, Mike !
> There is definitely a problem about the project:
> we do not know where we are. This is the deadliest thing that can happen to us
> (from MOOSE memory). Things should be settled soon.

Did you get a chance to read the most recent incarnation of the charter
(a la JVS).  I think it looks really good and should be adopted.  What do
you say?

Momentum has been lost.  I am working on a prototype of the low-level
drivers that I hope to show off in a week or two (very crude version).
Perhaps the time is now to encourage some to go off into their corners
and start doing some hacking.  We have goals which will guide us some,
and if someone is motivated enough, they can start filling in the survey
part.  But the bottom line is, we need to maintain *some* momentum and
that can be accomplished by hacking code and then sitting around looking
at it.

> > Also, who is the coordinator ?
> You ? I ? someone else ?

If we go with the simplified new charter I would be more than happy to
take on that responsibility.

Last of all, what do you feel about the name?  Let me know which ones you
like/dislike or any new ones you'd like to field.  The name has become a
sore point for some.

Talk to you soon,

Mike