docs for a86

Daniel Newcombe NEWCOMBE@AA.csc.peachnet.edu
Mon, 31 Oct 1994 16:52:04 EST

> BTW, how is your OS project going ?

Greetings from the frazzled ends of sanity!  We have just upgraded our
Unix system at work this month, and this has kept me quite a busy
person!  That last thing I want to do when I get home is touch a
computer, so I haven't been doing that much with it lately.

However, I do have a "kernel" which will boot, load from floppy, go
into protected mode, and then call main.c, which toggles the LED's to
let me know where it is, and display a message.

I brought home a laptop from work so that I don't have to reboot my PC
everytime I recompile.  I just dump it to disk and reboot the laptop.
It is a great time saver.

Right now the "kernel" sources borrow HEAVY on those of Linux's
bootsect.S and head.S, minly because I haven't had time to really look
at them and change them around.

Also, I've been playing with my PowerGlove that I finally was able to
get working after a year.  There were 5 wires that were disconnected,
and I had to find someone on the Internet that could tell me what goes
where.

I still have your post with your ideas for Moose and will reply to that
one of these days.  My wife's parents are coming in to town this
weekend, so perhaps I will take the notebook and hide in sanctuary and
type up a long reply :)

	-Dan

--
Dan A. Newcombe           Clayton State College       Computing Services
E-Mail Address: newcombe@aa.csc.peachnet.edu          (404)-961-3421