SEC: object security

Raul Deluth Miller rockwell@nova.umd.edu
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 15:40:37 -0500

Mike Prince:
. A more fundamental question is how many objects should you be able
. to have?  It's a low level issue that percolates up to the top.  If
. my program assumes it can have a zillion objects, starts running on
. a machine that can't even address a zillion objects than we have a
. problem.

Well one thing: if there are going to be different sized machines in
the system the answer to this question will be different for different
locations.  This sort of question (what resources does this program
need) needs to be addressed in the implementation of the migration
algorithm.

Also note that someone with a bunch of small machines is going to want
different behavior than someone with a few big machines.

Raul D. Miller           n =: p*q             NB. 9<##:##:n [.large prime p, q
<rockwell@nova.umd.edu>  y =: n&|&(*&x)^:e 1  NB. -.1 e.e e.&factors<:p,q [.e<n
                         NB.  public e, n, y
                         x -: n&|&(*&y)^:d 1  NB. 1=(d*e)+.p*&<:q