LLL: Fat PIOS

Raul Deluth Miller rockwell@nova.umd.edu
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 10:52:28 -0500

I can see a usefulness for including machine executable binaries with
PIOS.  However, I can see the usefulness of insisting that such
binaries must be accompanied by LLL code -- both for validation work,
and for portability.

Speaking of which, I can see allowing some kernels to support memory
protection and some not.  Memory protection is just an efficient way
of doing "array bounds checking".  If an agent is supposed to be
migratable to another machine it sure shouldn't care about things that
could be inaccessible.  The important thing is to nail down the
semantics so that things can work properly.

Raul D. Miller          N=:((*/pq)&|)@              NB. public e, y, n=:*/pq
<rockwell@nova.umd.edu> P=:*N/@:#            NB. */-.,e e.&factors t=:*/<:pq
                        1=t|e*d         NB. pq is two large primes, e medium
x-:d P,:y=:e P,:x                  NB. (d P,:y)-:D P*:^:(i.#D)y [. D=:|.@#.d