discussion:Where do we go from here?

Mike Prince mprince@crl.com
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 11:58:56 -0800 (PST)

Kyle suggested creating a survey project.  Either we do that right away
or go one step further.  Create a goals project.

I propose we all throw in one-liners of goals we would like to achieve.
I'll combine all of these into one file.  From this grocery list of goals
we can determine which projects of other peoples we should survery.

On the flip side though, our survey project could just list all the
projects that sound similar.  But I think we need to formalize what we
are aiming for.

If we do the goals project, here's the beginning of my list;

	migration of code while the processor is executing it
	persistent computing (machine wakes up where it left off)
	persistent computing (computation continues after loss of
		computing elements)
	intermediate level langauge, "below main-stream programming",
		suitable for rapid compilation to a variety of
		microprocessors

Let me know what you think,

Mike