Goals Summary

Kyle Hayes kyle@putput.cs.wwu.edu
Thu, 10 Nov 1994 13:05:39 +0800

I personally would love to see something done with distributed graphics.
I don't know just how realistic the rendering should be as most people
here will probably not have a whole render farm for their personal use.

I think that having a simple shading model and fast response for 3D stuff
is more important than having perfect rendering.

I am not entirely sure that this is the best thing to choose as a first
"app" though.  Would it exercise enough (or too little) of the capabilities
of the system?

I think that what I would do is push for a library implementing some of
the environment that we want.  The library should run on top of existing
platforms for now.  We can write the low level code as we go along and
still work on high level code.  That would make for a couple of good
projects; one project could work with the low level platform dependent
things and the other could work on the high level stuff like protocols.

Perhaps a test app is a good idea to showcase the system.  I like graphics
too, but I don't know if it will be able to demonstrate enough to make
people interested.

Best,
Kyle