A load of Moose shit!

Johan Van Schalkwyk jvs@iconz.co.nz
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 20:27:37 +1300 (NZDT)

Dear MT_people,

On Tue, 29 Nov 1994, Mike Prince wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Nov 1994, Johan Van Schalkwyk wrote:
>
> > > 	Nuclear,			** vaguely ok (unclear)?
> > > 	Q,				** perhaps
> > > 	Rogue,				** This one I like. Grr.
> > > 	RedHot,				** Yeah, man
> > > 	Apt,				** This one I also like.
>
> It's late but I'll keep em rolling;
> 	Spirit,				** As Elisa Doolittle said,"Garn"
> 	Endeavor,			** Nyet to this too
> 	Anvil,				** Too many clang associations
> 	Forte,				** Not well characterised
> 	Adept,				** Fair
> 	Spry,				** (Image of elderly but fit system)
> 	Nimble,				** Jack be nimble.. NO.
> 	LodeStar,			** Sounds like commercial crap
> 	Pilot,				** To where
> 	Duce,				** ?
> 	Minion,				** Minion's Quest yes. Minion OS. NO
> 	Leige,				** Perhaps in 1600.
> 	Caddie,				** Hopelessly lost in the rough
> 	Liberty,			** You must be American, what?
> 	Taboo,				** Strictly
>
> Yawn... I'll start again tomorrow...

I think that we should try and concentrate on names that are SHORT, (most
of the above), give good feelings to the first-time hearer (few of the
above), and SOUND GOOD on repeated use. If you call a system DR_NO or
FAIL, or something (Taboo?) it will fail.

How about simple words such as:

				Joy
				Yes
				yeS

Or anything conveying the concepts of enjoyment, usefulness, function,
ability, permanence?

Any comments from the great big silent majority?

JVS.