Johan Van Schalkwyk
Wed, 30 Nov 1994 21:12:44 +1300 (NZDT)
Have just whipped through the TAOS document. It sounds good. Very good.
Perhaps too good?
1. The basic ideas expressed in the first +- 70% of the document seem
fairly sound and consistent.
2. Has anyone seen TAOS at work?
3. How long has it been around?
4. Does anyone know of independent comments / criticisms (favourable &
not so). Especially, any major weaknesses.
5. What is the minimum system on which it runs? And how fast?
6. All the hype at the end makes me decidedly nervous.
7. Is kernel coding available. (You can be damn sure, not)
8. How much does it cost?
9. Is a list or description of "nodes" etc available?
10. Are program examples available?
(10. As an aside, the name Tantric systems seems decidedly unfortunate)