It drove me mad

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@clipper.ens.fr
Thu, 27 Jul 95 19:49:16 MET DST

Dear joyous Tunespeople,
   I admit that the time I've passed for TUNES, I've mostly wasted it trying
to develop and debug the i386 boot core. While the basic program to go into
protected mode and setup the system seems ok, and the remaining bugs in the
loader fixed, I couldn't fully debug the PM<->RM module, necessary to do IO.
As usual, the bugs are small, but when programming a so low-level language as
assembly without a debugging environment, that's hard to  track (I actually
spent more time writing debugging routines than actual final code).
I also had to publish a patch for as86 so it would successfully assemble the
i386 core (problems with pushing/popping segment registers) -- see the
FTP repository "ftp://frmap711.mathp7.jussieu.fr/pub/scratch/rideau/Tunes/".
   Though I make it available by FTP, I don't officially release 0.0.0.20
for now, because I don't think enough progress was done :( :( :(

   Yes, I know that not only have I wasted my time, but it was double waste,
as the LLL and HLL goals are still not clearly settled :( :( :(
[I really feel sorry, sometimes]

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
		   TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System
WWW page at URL: "http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/Tunes/"