Tcl!?!??? *8-C~

Rainer Blome rainer@physik3.gwdg.de
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 12:09:30 +0200

Are you kidding?  Tk is OK (even great, maybe?  I have next to no
experience with it.)  But Tcl?  If you intend to make anything
useful, you should use some Scheme version instead:
Scheme Tk or Guile (the GNU scripting language under development)
or OScheme, which a Scheme with an Object system based on prototypes (If I
only had more time to check that one out!).

<A HREF="http://kaolin.unice.fr/html/STk.html">STk (acess Tk via Scheme)</A>
<A HREF="http://www.inria.fr/koala/abaird/oscheme/oscheme.html">OScheme</A>
<A HREF="ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/lord/">Guile-II</A>

To get to know the power of Scheme, read Abelson/Sussman's `Structure and
Interpretation of Computer Programs', if you haven't already.  That's such
a great book, I should have read it two years earlier.

Tcl sucks.  Check out
<A HREF="http://icemcfd.com/tcl/comparison.html">
	Comparisons of Tcl with other systems</A>

Cheerio,	Rainer