HLL and misa...

garth zenie gpzF93@hamp.hampshire.edu
Sun, 18 Jun 1995 12:37:02 -0400

On Sun, 18 Jun 1995 18:01:37 +0200  Rainer Blome wrote:

> where does the name come from?  surely not from misantrophy?  ;-)

it is a secret that not even i know the answer to :)  my work
companion, frank, made up the name and supposedly it comes from
something in has past but he won't tell me what :)  i find it amusing.
frank is actually responsible for the majority of the design of the
language as i have been too busy with academics the past couple of
years to put as much time into the project as he has.

i have been talking with him and he is going to write up the language
as it stands in his eyes and then we will figh out the points that we
disagree about and once that it is done we will put it up on our web
page.

within the past couple of months we have changed our emphasis on the
higher level constructs to minimal set of abstractions which would be
required to build the language.  this is coined smisa (short for
simple misa).  we are trying to build smisa with the bare minimum
while maintaining abstracted away from implementation.

you will read more about it soon.

frank is very interested in any contributions or collaborations from
other people besides the current misa group.

> btw: what does this mean:  "CC: gpzF93@hamp.hampshire.edu"?

i use MH and a bunch of hand written pre and post processing PERL
scripts for all of my mail.  when a mail goes out with the above and
comes back to me it gets automatically pulled out of my inbox and
sorted into one of my outboxes depending on what the "to" part of the
mail header is.

-- garth