HLL and misa...

garth zenie gpzF93@hamp.hampshire.edu
Sun, 18 Jun 1995 15:20:19 -0400

On Sun, 18 Jun 1995 14:58:12 -0400 (EDT)  Frank DiCostanzo wrote:

> sure, how do we subscribe to tunes?

sorry frank, i didn't send you the first part of this message which
included the directions:

echo "sub tunes frank dicostanzo" | mail listserv@ens.fr

will get the job done.

> does it really make any sense to use 'rest' to get the second item in a
> pair when it is not a list?  one should use 'second' which would
> obviously fail if the pair were considered a list link because 'second'
> would return the item from the second link in the list.

agreed.  thus the fundemental problem(s) with LISP.  the language,
though it claims to be high-level,  is defined in terms of hardware
and its own implementation.  we just have to make sure we don't make
the same mistake.

-- garth