WWW takeover by Chris

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@ens.fr
Thu, 4 Apr 1996 04:37:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Tunes people,
   Chris proposed to overtake the maintenance of the WWW page,
which I gladly accept, but which may take some time to settle,
as we need get used to this kind of distributed maintenance.
   Practically, this may mean finer-grained diff files
than we currently use, and use of diff3 and merge.
This also mean some reliable protocol to automatically
exchange and apply obtained patches (see next message).
   This also mean that when this is done,
I have more time to focus on the essential things:
designing, coding, experimenting.
   If anyone has any constructive comment, or opposes this decision,
please show up.

PS: Chris: I forgot to tell you --
when you maintain things,
please do never destroy any significant chunk of data
that hasn't been saved in a previous "official" (and archived) release;
if you really hate it, move it to a delenda file.
And do send me patches personally whenever there's any modification.

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
		   TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System
WWW page at URL: "http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/Tunes/"