Greetings and Comments

Justin Sampson hoperift@armory.com
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 02:55:35 -0800

Patrick Premont wrote:
> Could you tell us a bit about yourself ?

I have implemented only very rudimentary languages, and no operating
systems, though I have studied quite a few of each. Here's my response
to the poll:

*********** Identity ***********
** Name:                 Justin Sampson
** E-Mail address:       hoperift@armory.com
** Physical address:     changing soon; Santa Cruz, California, USA
** Birth date:           6 September 1977
** Network capabilities: any and all, somehow or another
** Work/Study situation: in transition

** political *computer* opinions:
     I try to avoid anything political
** Architectures/OS combination I can work on:
     Pentium/Win95 (I'm embarrassed to admit)
     I also have access to a Pentium/SCO UNIX system

*********** Parts of the system I'm ready to develop: ***********
   HLL guides all other development, and Review feeds HLL; so those two
   subprojects must be granted the highest priority. Implementation is
   secondary.

*********** Project Management ***********
** How much I am available: a few hours per day
** How I think the project could be organized and managed better:
     People seem frustrated by a lack of clear plans and goals. I think
     that all efforts should be focused on the HLL definition for now,
     to at least give a clearer short-term goal.
** How often I read the WWW pages: daily
** How I think they could be improved: more involvement from members!
** Sub-project I'm ready to manage: perhaps Review
** How I think the poll could be enhanced: seems fine

- Justin Sampson - hoperift@armory.com -