Sorry, but busy

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@ens.fr
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:44:58 +0100 (MET)

Dear Tunespeople,
   I'm sorry not to be more active currently,
but I'm *very* busy with administratrivia,
earning my life, etc.
   So for some 2-3 weeks, I might be mostly a spectator
in the project. But I invite you to be more active than ever,
be it "only" by contributing to the Review subproject,
correcting and enhancing the whole WWW pages.
   Experimentation on various parts of the code would be great, too.

   I'm really sorry. Actually, I'd like to stop working at the project
until I can find funds and an institutional frame for it...
   As for the critics of JVS, though not completely untrue,
I think them a bit unfair:
sure, the project has not the clearest goals;
but much more was done than published,
and not by those members who weren't active on the list.
Of course, much more could have been done,
but the lack of a regular time and money resources as
well as a clear institutional status for the project
has been a great brake to date.
Of course, project organization is not optimal,
and does not seem to attract the work of anyone but mostly me.
But again, it is not this kind of negative criticism
that will make things any better.
   JVS, I appreciated your initial contribution.
Why not try to be more constructive ?
Sure you don't have much time either,
but if everyone had a small, or even tiny, *positive* contribution,
things would be much easier.

   Still reading you all,

-- Fare -- rideau@clipper.ens.fr -- Francois-Rene Rideau -- +)ang-Vu Ban --
		   TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System