Administrative problem

Francois-Rene Rideau rideau@ens.fr
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 23:29:03 +0100 (MET)

Dear tunesfolk,
  it seems we have many administrative problems:
this year, I've taken a job at the same time as I study
and as I develop my Tunes ideas,
and I really have little time to manage Tunes project administration;
plus we have to migrate to another WWW/FTP site,
as my account will be off by the end of the year.
   Hence, I'll looking for a webmaster or webmasters,
who would do the following, by decreasing order of priority:
* host the Tunes WWW page
* host the Tunes mailing list
* manage mailing list errors
* correct the Tunes WWW pages
* keep the Review/ pages up to date
* publish the archives of the mailing list
* reorganize the Review/ pages
* make a search engine for the Tunes site

   Besides, a general maintainer is needed who would do the following:
* maintain a consistent Tunes distribution
* write tools (based on diff3 ?) to automate merging of divergent versions
 of Tunes from the latest published distribution

   Finally, I realize that Tunes should really look for some kind of
financial support, or it's not getting anywhere in bounded time.

   Surely, if I'm to do this myself alone, it might eventually get done.
Just that I think it would take quite a lot of time...

== Fare' -- rideau@ens.fr -- Franc,ois-Rene' Rideau -- DDa(.ng-Vu~ Ba^n ==
                TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System