Administrative problem

David E. Manifold dem@bespin.pacificrim.net
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 17:54:03 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> Dear tunesfolk,
>   it seems we have many administrative problems:
> this year, I've taken a job at the same time as I study
> and as I develop my Tunes ideas,
> and I really have little time to manage Tunes project administration;
> plus we have to migrate to another WWW/FTP site,
> as my account will be off by the end of the year.
>    Hence, I'll looking for a webmaster or webmasters,
> who would do the following, by decreasing order of priority:
> * host the Tunes WWW page
> * host the Tunes mailing list
> * manage mailing list errors

I volunteer to host the WWW page, and the mailing list.

> * correct the Tunes WWW pages
> * keep the Review/ pages up to date
> * publish the archives of the mailing list
> * reorganize the Review/ pages
> * make a search engine for the Tunes site

I will volunteer for these duties, although I could use some help on the
Review/ pages.

>    Besides, a general maintainer is needed who would do the following:
> * maintain a consistent Tunes distribution
> * write tools (based on diff3 ?) to automate merging of divergent versions
>  of Tunes from the latest published distribution

I'm eagerly interested in working on these.

David E. Manifold / Programmer / Linux hobbyist / Admin, Bespin.PacificRim.Net
e-mail: dem@bespin.pacificrim.net      www: http://bespin.pacificrim.net/~dem/