Clipboards + Meaning

Jano John Akim Franke j.j.a.franke@t-online.de
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:23:19 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01BD05CA.FB4CF7E0

<<< Also importantly, not just data, but functions will be stored by meaning
as well.  Instead of storing a program as either "ASCII text, readable by
the C compiler," or "Binary code, readable by the Processor," a program is
stored by its meaning.  A program is stored by the meaning of its parts. >>>

Please have a look at the "intentional programming"-project on the
Microsoft-Research-site.

<<< Not only is the computer easier to use, it is faster. This allows the
user to get work done. >>>

This is the point that should not be underestimated and therefore i preach
it every time. Taken the time you need to communicate your needs through
todays user interfaces by circumventing bugs and manual routing of
infotmation through several applications you could spend a lot of time by
just communicating the need the system and let _it_ do the work (maybe
afterwards) instead of waiting for every single minor change to get
displayed on WYSIWYG. For me it does not matter if i would communicate my
work in P1m and the system would take P60m to perform instead of a
traditional system performing in P30m binding _me_ to it.

<<< If you wonder exactly HOW meaning is stored in Tunes, that is what we
are currently working on (this is the HLL specification I am asking Fare
for). Feel free to contribute ideas or feedback. >>>

That is really the interesting part. Apart from the project mentioned above
i propose that you give an understanding of the meaning to the system .

Kun afablaj salutoj
Jano John Akim Franke
Franke & Wedegärtner GbR | fon:+49-511-391393; fax-g3:+49-511-391306
Jano John Akim Franke    | mailto:j.j.a.franke@infology.int.eu.org
Podbielskistr. 239       | http://home.t-online.de/home/j.j.a.franke/
DE-30655 Hannover        | >>> reinventing computing project <<<

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01BD05CA.FB4CF7E0
	filename="Jano John Akim Franke.vcf"

BEGIN:VCARD
N:Franke;Jano;John Akim
FN:Jano John Akim Franke
ORG:Franke & Wedeg=E4rtner GbR
NOTE:infology; reinventing computing; TUNES
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+49-511-391393
TEL;HOME;VOICE:+49-511-391316
TEL;PAGER;VOICE:+49-168-5308089-05
TEL;WORK;FAX:+49-511-391306
TEL;HOME;FAX:+49-511-391306
ADR;WORK:;;Podbielskistr. 239;Hannover;Niedersachsen;30655;DE
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Podbielskistr. =
239=3D0D=3D0AHannover, Niedersachsen 30655=3D0D=3D0ADE
ADR;HOME:;;Podbielskistr. 239;Hannover;Niedersachsen;30655;DE
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=3DQUOTED-PRINTABLE:Podbielskistr. =
239=3D0D=3D0AHannover, Niedersachsen 30655=3D0D=3D0ADE
URL:http://home.t-online.de/home/j.j.a.franke/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:j.j.a.franke@infology.int.eu.org
END:VCARD

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01BD05CA.FB4CF7E0--