Back to life

Fare Rideau rideau@nef.ens.fr
Sat, 6 Sep 1997 18:15:19 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear Tunespeople,
   I'm happy to tell you that I'm back to life, after a period of depression,
with my report of DEA (last year before beginning PhD) being finished
(errata and appendices to come), about a reflective proof system for
applicative lambda calculus (very incomplete implementation with a
scheme syntax).

   As a result, after a week of new administratrivia, I'll be back seriously
to Tunes...

To dave: yes, you've been off the list for several months.
 My archive has 78 messages since 19970228. I'll try to update the
 mailing list archive by next week...

To billy: oops, I admit the ASM it's still part of my years-long todo list
 (though in good position). As for embedded Perl in SGML
 (who's to execute it?), I've rather been told about the DSSSL standard,
 with embedded Scheme instead. See the free implementation, JADE, under Linux,
 @ .../Review/Languages.html#Scheme

To pat: I'll get your report, too. Congratulations,
 and please keep in touch!

   Regards to you all!

-- #f

PS: in case my report is of any interest to you, see (in french)
files stage_unice* and proof.tgz in
http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/files/

PPS:
   As I got no feedback for a Tunes party in Paris this autumn,
I'll postpone the event for later.

PPPS: in case that interests you, the Tunes archive will now use bzip2;
 I'll also convert old bzip stuff to bzip2.