TUNES.ORG registered!

Fare Rideau rideau@ens.fr
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:50:44 +0100 (MET)

Dear Tunesmiths,

It has been a long and sore battle,
but after months of trying, I finally managed to register TUNES.ORG!
Actually, I failed, and had a friend do it for me; seems the InterNIC
way of doing PGP-encrypted submission forms is to send an ACK, and
followup to /dev/null. My friend, Emmanuel Marty, be he thanked,
just used (clear) password tagging, and registered it in a few hours.

Here are a couple of lines for your /etc/hosts:
138.195.136.46	sweety.via.ecp.fr sweety sweety.tunes.org www.tunes.org
206.63.100.13	bespin.tunes.org bespin.ml.org bespin www2.tunes.org

Well, well, well. So here we are with our new page,
	http://www.tunes.org/~tunes/
(notice the beautiful virtual logo), with the former site mirrored in
	http://www.tunes.org/~tunes/doc/
I will struggle with the administrators to remove the ~tunes thanks
to apache VirtualHost features, and will then clobber the former site
	http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/home/rideau/Tunes/
with pointers to equivalent page in the new site.

Mail is not yet set up properly; I'll see that it works ASAP.
Maybe I should ask them for root-dom, which would simplify things.

PS: people willing to help with TUNES maintenance are welcome.
David Manifold is already added to the .rhosts of tunes@sweety
We'll have to define a strategy for collective maintenance,
with a mailing-list for administratrivia.

PPS: Dave, the missing messages for the Tunes mail archive are
in a file TU on the account (this message not included);
Oops, forgot to also upload the archive for tunes-lll; will do,
but not much lost anyway.

Best regards,

== Faré -=- (FR) François-René Rideau -=- (VN) Уng-Vû Bân -=- rideau@ens.fr ==
Join a project for a free reflective computing system! | 6 rue Augustin Thierry
TUNES is a Useful, Not Expedient System.               | 75019 PARIS     FRANCE
http://www.tunes.org/~tunes/Tunes/		 -=- Reflection&Cybernethics ==