holistic code-generation model

RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 BRice@vinson.navy.mil
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 21:17:17 -0700

As for the assumed initial system modules, it seems that most of what is
required for a basic operating system from my own standpoint of
abstracting the computer and applying the abstract environment to it
covers a lot of semantics in itself.  So, let's assume a linear algebra
system (with variable assignments, operators, etc.), a group of tools
for number theory, a simple information theory description (for
data-interpretation protocols), and a logic for proving simple things
about procedures/functions (like what their effects are, etc.).  My own
added assumption beyond these would be the idea of aspect-description in
communicating properties of objects.  The system should be able to
calculate, independent of a development thread, how much memory a piece
of data will take (including possible meta-data), along with function
completion times, etc.