holistic code-generation model

David Jeske jeske@home.chat.net
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 10:05:41 -0700

Perhaps you misunderstood what I meant when I said example. I want to
explain every single transition of the code, until it finally becomes
something which can run machine instructions, including how the
optimizations we can come up with will work.

I was thinking more along the lines of an example where we describe a
matrix operation to combine two datasets into a third, or code for a
doubly linked list, and operations on that list. Where we start with
the proposed high level description, and my hand perform this
'holistic code-generation' on that high-level description.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net