project status

Dan Bethe dtm@hex.net
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 21:47:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:

> Same apply to KUT; what kernel feature are useless for KUT & Tunes?

	Perhaps you can make MMU (memory management unit, in hardware)
optional.
	Also, is 32-bit addressing required?  Is it required all the way
throughout the system?
	Perhaps you should make TUNES able to run on any system that can
compile C.
	And what is the target memory footprint?  Do we have any such
resource-consumption goals?  Perhaps we can make the smallest portion of
the "kernel" (or whatever you want to call it) load in about 6K of RAM,
and then fully loaded in about 64K.
	Are these fantastic ideas?  I'm not even a programmer!  :)  I just
read and remember and discuss a _lot_.

> NB Is Faré working on some great ideas, or is he in vacation?

	Heheheheheh.

     "If I seem too inconclusive, well it's just because it's so elusive."
    This email has been licensed by the GPL (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy)
  Dan  ((((now seeking a Linux/Unix sysadmin job in Silicon Valley!))))  Bethe