Games, AI & Reflection

Alexander Clouter drutt@bayesian.prestel.co.uk
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:27:30 +0100

Tom Novelli wrote:

>         I'm itching to play with AI again.. yeah, I've been reading
> Hofstadter, amongst other things. :)  Reflection is really the heart of
> Tunes, and game AI is the way to explore it.

Something I found *very* interesting ever since I read a New Scientist
article (http://www.newscientist.co.uk/ns/971115/features.html and the
researchers homepage at
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/users/adrianth/ade.html).

He used a FPGA in combination with a genetic algorithm to produce some
fantastic behaviour with a small amount of silicon!!!

I know you, Tom, enjoy the idea of playing with an FPGA but probably
doing a emulation (or something similar, such as normal algorithm
evolution) would produce nifty affects.

Happy reading.

Alex

--
 **       ((__))   Alexander "Drutt" Clouter
  \\      ((oo))      e-mail: drutt @ bayesian . prestel . co . uk
    ||      ||        WWW   : http://www2.prestel.co.uk/bayesian/alex
    |||----|||                        (under construction)
    ~~~    ~~~        equip : Acorn A440 with ARM3, 4Mb and 500Mb HD
   Cow during an              BBC B 32k, 2x5.25 drive with DDFS
    Earthquake                P-(yuk)-II 266Mhz, stable surprisingly