This project is going nowhere

Maneesh Yadav 97yadavm@scar.utoronto.ca
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:39:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all, I'd like to officially announce that I am no longer a part of
the project.  I am keping on the mailing list as intersting discussions
come up once and awhile, and I have learned a lot since being on this
list but could Tril kindly remove my name from the members page.

It's just that I don't want to kid myself thinking that I am part of a
team that is going to revolutionize computing, it's not going to happen
here, it's terribly obvious.

People are struggling writing kernels and interpeters and linkers, not
particularly good ones, and they don't realize that without a sizeable,
cordinated, skilled development effort they can't even put a candle to
what's available and currently being producded today.  The world does not
need another Scheme interpeter, nor another ukernel (particularly one that
doesn't suppourt vmem, distributed computing, SMP, security,
multiuser...and you're kidding yourself if you think that they'll ever be
implemented by you).

I'm glad some people have come to the project and learned lots...maybe the
TUNES goal should change its' goal to education.

The TUNES project, with respect to it's currently stated goals, is a joke
and I'll bet 10 dollars to everyone on this list that no respectable
innovative useful piece of software will EVER come from it.  I only have
so many years on this planet, I not going to wait for Gadeau until I die.

This came off as a little mean, I know, but I really think some people are
off in a fantasy land when it comes to thinking what they'll be able to
code or that they'll spawn another OS project with people writing every
available driver in the world....just won't happen.

-Maneesh