Volunteers for a coordination group

Tril dem@tunes.org
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

TUNES needs to be more open to ideas from everyone.  To do this, in IRC
(http://www.tunes.org/files/irc/1999.0820) we have come to an agreement
that we need a group of people dedicated to coordination of the TUNES
project.  In order not to leave anyone out, we bring it to the list so
that anyone who wants to BE IN the coordination group may volunteer.
E-mail me or reply to this thread within one week's time...although you
can probably join later.  The qualifications are, basically, that you must
not have too strong an opinion about what to do, and you are willing to
consider other people's ideas, and you won't flame anyone or discourage
them from communicating their ideas.

This group will be responsible for receiving ideas about the progress of
the project.  If it does not receive them, it will go out of its way to
get some, by sending repeated e-mails, asking on IRC, and any other way
necessary.  The ideas will be collected together and the group will post a
summary.

What to do with the ideas?  Well, that's a good question.  So the group
will be responsible for asking that question, facilitating ideas about it,
and posting the summary of those ideas.

If the second summary doesn't clearly explain what to do with the first
summary, then a third batch of ideas is required.  The group will repeat
the process in as many iterations as necessary until it is clear what to
do.  Ideas about "it's about time to stop this process" are also welcome,
and can be included at any time.

The coordination group will also be responsible for carrying out the
ideas, or arranging for them to be carried out in some way.

David Manifold <dem@tunes.org>
This message is placed in the public domain.