New Project Coordinator Introduction

David Jeske jeske@home.chat.net
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 10:08:53 -0800

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 01:13:22AM +0300, RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 wrote:
>> I don't know what kind of poor reception you've gotten, but I and others
>> are having trouble understanding your posts.  Either we are a poor
>> audience, or you're not conveying your ideas very clearly.

> you've got to look at what i write as something to be read not for its
> content, but the general ideas it refers to.  you've got to wonder "why does
> he believe that" and "do i believe the same thing in some respect?"  my
> words are not the answer, but the thought patterns behind them.

Actually, it's here where you are wrong. I have to agree with Tril
that your posts are hard to understand. The burden of proof is on the
party trying to explain the new ideas. If you fail to explain your
ideas adequately, then you need to take the steps necessary to see
that your audience understands them. Unless, as I had assumed, getting
your audience to understand your ideas is not your goal. In which case
you can carry on exactly as you already have.

I can only try to dig meaning out of incomprehensible sentences for so
long, and then I become tired. If you wish to communicate your ideas,
you need to explain them in a way which will hold meaning for the
people here.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net