Vadim Antonov's Grail

David Jeske jeske@home.chat.net
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 10:48:26 -0800

On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 01:43:13PM +0100, Laurent Martelli wrote:

>     Fco> David Jeske writes:
>     >> communication channel. Yet it specifically provides no
>     >> provisions for recording or understanding the data-format
>     >> within one of these communication channels.
>
>     Fco> It seems to me, that was exactly their aim. IMHO, because
>     Fco> they like the unstructured-file ux tradition, and I'd say
>     Fco> they try do the same w/ raw memory. But that's after a quick
>     Fco> read of their paper...
>
> I've started to read the paper. However I think that unstructured
> files are the biggest flaw in unix systems, because when you have a
> file, you don't known how to interpret it, since there's no meta-data
> describing how the data in the file should be interperted.

Agreed. I think it's pretty safe to say most of the Tuners will agree
with us.

I was originally wondering if I was just missing some aspect of their
proposal. However, now that three of us have interpreted the
information in the same way, I'm more inclined to think that my
interpretation was correct, and they are again making that mistake.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net