What should I do about Arrow and Tunes?

Tom Novelli tcn@clarityconnect.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:56:10 -0500

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 05:23:02PM +0300, RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2 wrote:
> Is there another OS-like project which has a membership which could help me
> better? I doubt it.  If someone understood the _entire_ Arrow system
> intuitively as I do, but could also use laymen's terms, a skill that I have
> (purposefully) forgotten, then I could focus on the Arrow development within
> a smaller, isolated group without disturbing the general Tunes group, and
> simultaneously assist in explaining Arrow as necessary.  However, I don't
> see that I will be able to support both efforts simultaneously.

Your Arrow system seems pretty similar to the system I've had in mind, so I
just might understand it. Me, I prefer to write in laymen's terms... I'd be
glad to write an explanation of the Arrow system. First, of course, I'll
have to discuss it with you privately, ask you some questions, straighten
everything out. Then I'll write something short, to the point, without
jargon.

Don't give up on it, it has promise. It's functional, suitable for
metaprogramming... however, as I understand, it's got something which is
lacking in LISP, Lambda calculus, and so on... something that makes it
applicable to a wider range of problems, more useful, more understandable.

Well, this week I'm implementing my system, finally. After that, I'll give
Arrow a shot...

--
Tom Novelli <tcn@clarityconnect.com>
http://www.clarityconnect.com/webpages5/tcn