What should I do about Arrow and Tunes?

Maneesh Yadav cj@utpulse.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:18:41 -0500

Brain, it was not my intent to get u to leave the group!  You are not dragging
down the group or anything like that, discussing these ideas is very important,
and I understand your passion about them. We just need some explaining, and it
is expecting too much of the Tunes community to make a system by figuring it out
by scanning through loads of email, the problems based on interpetiation could
arise, and we need some standard refrence. Some people in this group are mainly
coders, and don't have a solid background in theory.  I feel that the tutorial
should be written in a way that assusmes very little knoledge in formal theory,
we can can help out a lot of joiners who don't have a solid background in theory
by introducing these concepts to them.

 You sound a little frusturated, I understand, but I think the difference
between a crank and a successful mind is just that; frustration, so avoid it
(it's very hard I know) and you will enjoy life more.  I don't mean to insult
you, but I've only caught bits and pieces of the arrow theory, and since I
haven't seen many solid examples, I have to be a little questionable as to how
it will help the Tunes project.  We must come up with something that can be
understood by everyone in order for people to use it.

It shouldn't take too long to come up with something that can be understood by
many people.

How about this:
You give me an informal collection of the emails that you have sent and do your
best to put them in some sort of pedagological order.  Write anything else you
wish.  Let me review it, and once I understand it, I will write the tutorial and
we can both look it over together, and then release it to the Tunes community.
I don't mean to sound like I'm some big all know arbitrator, but having someone
else express your ideas will show just how solid they are, and I feel that I am
pretty good at expressing complex ideas so that people can understand them.

Take it easy,
Maneesh