THE GAUNTLET

Billy Tanksley btanksley@hifn.com
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:29:31 -0800

Dolphin does it by using libraries for everything -- as soon as the
system is switched into the right running mode, we search for the
interface ID for the interface manager.  We then load it, and ask it to
load a set of interfaces (which it does by searching for their IDs).

Some of those interfaces happen to do things that most OSes would place
in their kernels.  Big deal; Dolphin doesn't.

-Billy