coordinating efforts..

Maneesh Yadav cj@utpulse.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:38:31 -0500

Alan Grimes wrote:

> Maneesh Yadav wrote:
>
> > All I am going to say is that making a kernel is just not a good idea right
> > now...not at all.  Think about all the issues we face:
> > distrbuted computing
>
> dont bother!!!! (add it in as an app!!!!!)

???? Do you see how hard it is to do distribution these days (under non
distrbuted OSes)?  Apps ideally should have abstracts that could allow to behave
similarly on a distrbuted system or a shared memory system.

> > multiprocessers (SMP, NUMA etc.)
>
> no sweat!!!

So you've come up with a good model that effciently abstracts these two diferent
computing stratigies?

> > rewriting of device drivers
>
> use bios!!!

Not all computers have bioses, not all devices are implemented in bios....not all
devices are implemented efficiently in bios either...don't see where you are
going with that one.

> > making a model that elegantly supports all these things
>
> haf that allready!!
>
> > making a model that isn't hooked to a particular system to allow
> >multiplatform capability.
>
> multiplatform is my middle name!!!!

How do you expect to use the bios with multiplatformness?