Constructive criticism

James Little jiml@inconnect.com
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:08:34 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Maneesh Yadav wrote:

> Jim...forgive my ignorance but I really don't see how your prisim stuff is
> any different than a C++ class except you've bothered to write out the
> members in binary instead of using time saving Cish constructs...

Maneesh,

I'm not sure how you got that impression.  Maybe because the metamodels
I've published thus far are basic building blocks such as Integer,
Character, and String?  If so, then I understand, but your impression is
mistaken.

Prism is a mechanism for representing programs in a common format that is
easier to manipulate than ASCII.  Possible benefits include visual
representation of programs and (the holy grail) programs constructed from
multiple languages.

I understand that the documentation currently available on the web site
may be hard to understand.  If something is confusing, please ask...
that's the only way I'll improve.

Jim

Prism is at http://www.teleport.com/~sphere