Lies, damn lies!

Pete Gonzalez gonz@ratloop.com
Thu, 03 Jun 1999 00:28:55 -0400

At 08:34 AM 5/26/99, Fare wrote:
>I'm back from a conference on Algorithmic Information Theory,
>	http://www.loria.fr/conferences/TAI99/tai.html
>where there were lots of top scientists on Kolmogorov Complexity.
>I learnt a lot about K-complexity and its applications

I just started reading "An Introduction to Kolmogorov Complexity
and Its Applications" by Ming Li and Paul Vitanyi.  I highly
recommend this book, as it is very clearly written and comprehensive.
Plus (as advertised) it has a lot of cool application examples (e.g.
in the intro they give a KC proof of Godel's theorem in just three
paragraphs).  :-)

I'm mentioning this because I think KC theory might be very
applicable to the Tunes project.  Its results include some very
powerful methods for analyzing information representation systems
such as programming languages -- the subject of two of the Tunes
subprojects.

FWIW...

Pete Gonzalez