New TUNES site

Emmanuel Marty core@suntech.fr
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 19:48:37 +0100

Tom Novelli wrote:

> I don't know about the Review project. Emmanuel Marty did a major
> overhaul, without doing anything fancy like SQL databases. Is it worth
> the trouble? Ultima.. was it harder than you expected? :)

I actually am toying with the idea of entering all those links in an sql
database, and have a cron job binightly check that the links still work,
marking them as bad if they aren't; I spent almost a day to check all
the links on the OS review, and I'd rather not do it again.

Probably something along the lines of category, origin, title, homepage url,
contact url, short (one-line) description, long description, related
links, days since the link last worked.

I'd do all that, but i'm not very inclined in setting up databases; that,
and I have zero time..

--
Emmanuel