Hackers needed

Pat Wendorf beholder@ican.net
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 20:29:31 -0500

"RE01 Rice Brian T. EM2" wrote:

> wow. i just wish that i had the opportunity to do that in the next two
> months. i won't be in the U.S. with a real net connection until then. sorry.
>
> btw, it's not very difficult, really.

I guess it must not be, as you are probably the fifth person to say so :)

I have someone working on it right now, if nothing comes of it I will post the
passwd file on this list (providing no one minds).  I was told the root password
is quite long (thus harder to crack).

BTW:  What is the nature of the firewall that you have to go through? I have a
cache/proxy on my home system for multiple computer internet access, and I've
gotten everything running through it without much of a problem. I think the only
condition is, you have to have a SOCKS based proxy.  Is it worth trying some
programs, or would you get in trouble for it?