AI programming.

Alan Grimes alangrimes@starpower.net
Sun, 23 May 1999 17:21:49 -0700

y0, Here is a problem that I would like to present to all of yous.

Today both windoze and LiNuX rely on a very rigid framework to provide APIs to
their programs. That is that there is a base configuration that everybody can
"agree" on so programs can be written that knows only how to deal with this
default configuration. We would clearly like to do away with this framework.
That is have a maximally modular set of system software. The problem that we
face is how to make it so that programs can be written so that they are flexible
enough to adapt to this wide variety of possible systems. Here are some example
systems:

[PDA (touchscreen)(persistant storage database (RAM))(OS-IN-ROM)(IR port)]

[PC (FAT driven hard drive) (keyboard) (rat(mouse)) (RAM)
(joystick)(soundcard)(trucolor display)(auxilary display) etc etc ]

[Cyborg (internetworking tranciever) (Conceptual neural interface) (visual data
interface) (auditory data interface) (debug console) (persistant storage)]

The desired system is one that will work in all of these situations. To achive
this my idea is to have a interface program that through a standard interface an
object can query each other object in the system and recieve a database of
information... Through an AI program that I havn't figured out yet the program
issuing the request can actually *learn* how to use the current system during
configuration. Like "aah I am supposed to use the cybernetic information
formatter for user IO."

kommentz/suggestions?

On a more practical matter I would like to chat with any of you that may have
practical experience writing linking loaders. :)

--
Give me liberty or give me death!

atc.peon.net/~cyborg/