OIL (Was: Prism Metaprogramming Tool released)

Jim Little jiml@inconnect.com
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 20:48:33 -0600

Laurent Martelli wrote:
>   Jim> What are your goals for OIL?  What will it do when it's fully
>   Jim> functional?  Assuming it were fully functional, how might I use
>   Jim> it in a typical day?
>
> A casual user would just use it as if it were Linux or Windows. He
> wouldn't see the difference, excepted that it should be more
> consistent and easier to use.
>
> A programmer would start his day defining new services. When it say
> `defining', I'm talking about specifications; what the service is
> supposed to do. He will be able to this thanks high level services
> enabling him to manipulate high level concepts.

I see the general vision, but I'm definitely unclear on how you'll be
implementing this, or what it has to do with AOP.  But I think I might
have to wait until you're further along to truly understand it.  :)  Do
you have any plans to update the documentation on your website?  Right
now, there's not much information available.

Jim
___
The Prism Metaprogramming Tool has been released!
Learn more at
http://www.teleport.com/~sphere/documents/0009/3/index.html