[Fwd: Re: Intent (was: Re: Lists, Tables, Psets)]

btanksley@hifn.com btanksley@hifn.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:24:39 -0800

From: Kyle Lahnakoski [mailto:kyle@arcavia.com]

>Jason Marshall wrote:

>> Not only is the code more readable by a human
[huge snippage]

>You put it so well.  It has been what I was trying to say, but
>obviously lack the skill to do so.

I think I understood what you were saying; the problem is that it's just not
true that concatenative code is less readable or optimizable than
parameterized code.  The first statement in that long discussion, and the
assumed basis of the rest, is simply false.

I don't think it's true that concatenative languages are less capable of
using metadata, but I'm willing to discuss this; I haven't studied the issue
of metadata as well as you have.

>Kyle Lahnakoski                                  Arcavia Software Ltd.

-Billy