Separation of concerns

Laurent Martelli martelli@iie.cnam.fr
20 Jan 2000 03:08:29 +0100

I writing an article abour separation of concerns if computer
languages design. It's only in a draft state but you may fetch it at :

        http://perso.cybercable.fr/martelli/bientot/concerns.ps.gz

        http://perso.cybercable.fr/martelli/bientot/concerns
        (online html version)

Comments are more than welcome (on the Tunes list).

The main idea behind the article is that the language we want for
tunes should not be defined in one block. There are different issues
to tackle when using computers (computation, memory, security,
multi-tasking... to name a few) and the solution found to solve one
problem should depend on other solutions for other problems.

I would have prefered to work on it a little more before presenting it
to you, but John raised the issue when he talked about type system and
Joy.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr