Lambda (was: Refactoring in Tunes)

Laurent Martelli martelli@iie.cnam.fr
20 Jan 2000 03:45:20 +0100

  >> The main area of thought I think is needed is how do you create a
  >> good type system and genericity on top of the Joy basis.

  billy> A very good question.  Static type safety errors are VERY
  billy> useful, even if they're not required for correctness.  I'm
  billy> thinking that annotated stack comments would be useful here.

I think we should have a program checker that could check properties
of programs such as correctness. But couldn't it use type infering, à
la Caml ?

However, one use that I can think of for a type system, is GUI : given
the expected type of a parameters, you can generate appropriate GUI
for any function. But still, types can be infered.

--
Laurent Martelli
martelli@iie.cnam.fr