Emergence of behavior through software

btanksley@hifn.com btanksley@hifn.com
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:02:28 -0800

From: Francois-Rene Rideau [mailto:fare@tunes.org]

>> If we can't make AI, then we can't realise your vision of Tunes.
>Wrong. Tunes' goal is not, has never been, and will never be
>to make an AI.

That's very clear.  Thank you.  Further discussion on AIs is not a topic for
any TUNES discussion list.

I'm VERY unhappy with your unclarity on this topic in the past, especially
when you kicked a discussion of whether AI was appropriate for TUNES.  You
could have *ended* the discussion by simply saying this!

>> Please clarify, Fare'.  I don't understand why you're doing this.
>Unless you have doubt about the nature of TUNES itself,
>would you please move these meta-discussions to cybernetics@tunes.org ?

Because you yourself expressed hate for the name of the mailing list, so you
probably wouldn't listen in to clarify the questions we have about TUNES
(which was the entire purpose of the conversation).

>I'd rather we used tunes@tunes.org for more technical matters.

"Can this be done" is eminently a technical question.

-Billy