my view on "threads" in a tunes like system.

Alan Grimes alangrimes@starpower.net
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 11:14:33 -0400

from what little I understand here is what I see with regards to threads.

In functional languages there is only one program in the computer, the rest
are just functions waiting to be eval[uated]. So each CPU in the system
simply executes a paralellized "eval" function. This is perfectly scalable,
and is totally invisable to the programmer (which is awesome). Each CPU
simply picks up the next function that is ready to be evaluated, operates
on it, and then returns the result and making the next function ready to
run. =)

--
In this year's presidential race you *do* have a choice!
VOTE Browne/Olivier The ticket to freedom!

####### Begin Eschelon Block #######
unibomber anthrax plutonium militia delta force ruby ridge atf batf waco
oklahoma city assault rifle randy weaver sog sof oliver north vince
foster m-16 hillary clinton bill clinton marx crack m-60 c5 c7 mlk black
panthers fbi chemical weapons twa 800 roswell white slavery history of us
foreign policy terrorist freedom
####### End   Eschelon Block #######